1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petrino - not riding solo (and fired at Louisville)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Uh, Louisville is a destination hoops job. That's why there have been2 coaches in 41 years. Not really an apt comparison.

2. printit

printit Member

Lifelong UL fan. UL is the 4th best job Pitino ever had. Not what I call a destination job.

3. BUMP ...

All is not well a the U ... of L ...SI has some snippets of an upcoming story.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gee you would think after doing what he did to Louisville, then to Atlanta, then to the Arkansas employee, his family and the Hogs, then to Western Kentucky, he would have learned that he can't get away with that kind of stuff...

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Once an asshole, always an asshole. Tom Jurich is as much enabler as he is boss.

6. I don't have much sympathy for UL ...
    I also can't believe they are paying an assistant coach a million $ a year. AT FUCKING LOUISVILLE!!!
    Another example college football is out of whack.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A seven-month bump for this thread really is not out of whack, unlike Petrino.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Sounds like Booby is a bit uptight and cranky.

He ought to find a diversion to help relieve his stress.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Eh, Jurich is a pretty top-notch AD.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He just went out to his garage and revved up his scooter, and doesn't know why.

11. An incoming coach is a dick and rankles players used to former coach's style. News at 11.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If we're just talking about as a coach, I would take Petrino over Charlie Strong in a heartbeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted