1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus resigns over extramarital affair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 9, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Paula Broadwell will forever remember her 40th birthday, since it was yesterday.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People close to him started getting anonymous, harassing emails.

FBI investigated. She was the sender.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

And may have had access to his email account.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

May want to get a DNA swab for those two young boys of her's.

As the story goes, Broadwell and Petraeus first laid eyes on each other in 2006.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/10/paula-broadwell-is-she-petraeus-s-other-woman.html

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Did her husband write into the New York Times Ethicist last year asking for advice on how to deal the affair?

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/11/10/a-strange-twist-in-the-petraeus-story/#.UJ5YatUNRnU.twitter

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jesus, this is getting deep.

Sounds like she's batshit crazy. So he will probably have fond memories, sexually speaking.

7. YankeeFan

The advice he got in return is awesome. Assuming it's a top Obama aide, and thus a Democrat (and not some family-values espousing Republican), he's advised to not expose the affair:

8. LongTimeListener

YF -- good selective editing that completely alters thee among of the response, which was that he should quietly separate from the woman. Fox News has some openings.

I did like the end of the response (Chuck Klosterman is writing these? WTF?)

I halfway suspect you’re writing this letter because you want specific people to read this column and deduce who is involved and what’s really going on behind closed doors (without actually addressing the conflict in person). That’s not ethical, either.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah Klosterman took over awhile ago. Frankly, if I need someone to answer that type of question, he's the guy I want.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And now a story about a slut and a whore. ... But which is which?

11. YankeeFan

So, you're saying I've got what it takes to be an editor?

12. LongTimeListener

OK that was pretty funny.

Better would have been "YF -- good ... editing"

Draft saved Draft deleted