1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus resigns over extramarital affair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 9, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He deployed his 6-star, um, general.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm much more interested in Freqposter's 12 rules for living than the General's. God, I miss that bullshitting guy.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Freq's around. Saw him just the other day on the fuck-a-mustache thread.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor. Go to The Daily Show website. Find the Paula Broadwell interview. It's priceless.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

She's as much toast as he is. If someone has to go to those lengths to write a biography....

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"Did you pinch him?"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/09/paula_broadwell_talks_gen_petraeus_on_the_daily_show_with_jon_stewart.html

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"He goes all in to what he does."

"My husband wants me to say he is because it will sell more books. Sorry, honey, I couldn't do it."

"So integrity's running in the whole family, I guess."

"It's a physical challenge, so my guess is I'm going to end up owing more money than Paula is."

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Faux News suggesting he made it all up and the timing is to avoid testifying at a Congressional hearing on Libya next week.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dwight Eisenhower and Kay Summersby look down and wonder what all the fuss is about.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The timing is convenient. But not for Obama. It dumped all over his speech yesterday and will probably be mostly forgotten after a three-day weekend of honoring veterans on Tuesday. Plus, I don't think there is anything that would bar Congress from getting Petraeus from testifying even after stepping down.

12. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

I wonder if the General spotted her at the Barnes & Noble and used the "I need an intelligent woman to write my memoirs." Bold move.

She is gorgeous, right out of my wheelhouse. Aside from probably not keeping cash, a gift card and some items in the wheel well of his car, he probably ran into the issue of carrying on with someone who is not on his "level". When you are him, I imagine the only equal would be Hilary Clinton and that ain't happening.

Not sure if any of the backstory has come out on his discovery. I imagine he became sloppy in some regard (phone calls or an inappropriate pic) or else his lover probably was sick of being in second place.

Never underestimate confidence and success: look at him. Look at her. She's smokin hot and he has a combover.

Draft saved Draft deleted