1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus on Capitol Hill and here it's quiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hear they're a hoot.

2. That really sucked, zeke.
    And, anyway, we were talking about whipping jmac.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You'd like that, wouldn't you? Freak.

4. I'm trying to get elected in Louisiana, dammit.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's sad that grown men will resort to such.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why is Iraq looking more and more like Dog Day Afternoon?

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Warner: General Petraeus, I ask you again, is our presence in Iraq making the U.S. safer?

GP: ATTICA! ATTICA!

8. digger

digger New Member

Not surprising, but the Daily show completely killed these idiots on Wednesday night's show. Basically cut their testimony down to: we don't know when we'll know when we can say we'll know that we can start pulling out troops.

Stewart: "And General Petreaus, can you answer in a circle?''

Then showed him doing just that.

It would be way funnier if only it weren't true the way these assholes have completely fucked our country.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I do have to wonder how much of Petraeus' act is a result of orders from on high. If he's a good military man, then he'll tow whatever line he's told to by his superiors.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Petraeus gets points for not falling for Lindsey Graham's bullshit. (I forget which story I read this in)

Graham asked him if removing a brigade a month would lead to a disastrous sitation in Iraq -- basically putting Clinton and Obama's Iraq plan to him -- and Petraeus didn't take the bait. He said he couldn't answer that question because it depends on the situation on the ground at the time.

My take is he's a good military man put in an impossible situation.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Patraeus is most likely the best commander the Army has. He has a long light-infantry background and understands international relations and counter insurgency operations. Hell, that's what his doctoral dissertation was on.

He's the best we have for the situation we're in. If it's going to get better, it'll probably be on his watch.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's good enough for me. I guess the point I was trying to make was I thought it incorrect to blame Petraeus in this case.

Draft saved Draft deleted