1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus on Capitol Hill and here it's quiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

There was never any editing out of a story...which is to say the entire story was never part of my post. I simply showed a quote.

And since you're an editing expert, can you point out where the city of Amma is or admit that you wiffed?

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Amma,+WV,+USA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

Amma, WV.

If you're ever there, stop by Gino's Pizza and Spaghetti house in nearby Clendenin.

Or maybe he meant the American Medical Marijuana Association, www.americanmarijuana.org

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

There's no evidence that journalists report world news from Gino's.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I wouldn't flirt with that particular line of idiot whimsy, Yawn. Your disregard for the safety of working journalists in the war zone is well known in these precincts, and if you persist in mocking their sacrifices I'll make it my personal mission to have you banned from this board forever.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If you drew that conclusion, then you're seriously fucked up.

I played off the previous remark(s).

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I know both where your line of reasoning began, and where it was headed. You're a moron, certainly, and so not entirely responsible for the things you post, but rest assured that if you work your way back to that "reporting from a balcony in Amman" nonsense, I'll do everything I can to have you banished.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Get. A. Life.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

JG, you are a liberal activist's dream. You can so easily be whipped into hysteria, even if it's by misguided methods.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Again, one can only ask, "huh?"

Keep posting in answer to yourself, you miserable halfwit.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Your the one that ASSUMED that I was trying to tie this to the war coverage when I didn't even bring up the Amma reference, which was obviously a mistype. But be hysterica; to your heart's content, cry panic all you want.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Leave jg along, Yawn. I am going to need to whip him up into a frenzy over global warming or snail darters or rights of undocumented workers and I'm running out of time.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Don't forget the owls.

Draft saved Draft deleted