1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus on Capitol Hill and here it's quiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

And Yawn, given the fact that you edited out most of your original post, you are a liar. You never just throw anything out for discussion, it's always "here's what I think, let's now hear from the losers who don't agree with me so I can ridicule them".

2. Speaking of losers, here's Weepin' Joe Lieberman (I-Wanking) today:

""Hey, let's be honest about this: The Iraqi political leadership has achieved a lot more political reconciliation and progress since September than the American political leadership has. So we've got to give credit for that."

I'm not sure but, as ugly as Obama/Clinton has gotten, I don't think their supporters are lobbing mortar rounds at each other. (I'll check with zeke.) And I don't think four American kids got killed the other day canvassing in Altoona.

What. A. Fucking. Tool.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And late next January, he morphs into nothingness.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Progress doesn't measure where you are now, but where you are in comparison to where you started. He's right, as often.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Right, as in there's now a government there where there wasn't before? Or right in that the government has accomplished as much as a meeting of six-year-old boys in a treehouse?

By our perspective, troop levels are right now greater than they were a few years ago, and will at best be roughly equal to where they were then many months from now. No one has a fucking clue what it would be to win, and how we'll know when that'll ever happen.

But the GOP needn't worry. I talked with one of the senators involved in the questioning tonight, and while he's adamantly opposed to what went on, he gave me no confidence that anything is going to change before January 20th of next year. He pretty much admitted that was the best hope of accomplishing anything towards a withdrawal too. The GOP will get their wish and be allowed to continue a worthless war that leads to the loss of many lives for no fucking purpose at all. I hope every single one of you are proud of what you've accomplished.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Incidentally, Joe Biden asked Ryan Crocker, the ambassador to Iraq, a simple question, one that many of us have asked since 2003: What's more important, stopping Al Qaeda in Iraq or Afghanistan?

http://www.washingtonindependent.com/view/biden-punks-crocker

For those scoring at home, the ambassador to Iraq just admitted that Iraq is not the epicenter of the war on terror, and that our resources are recklessly diverted. Keep that in mind the next time John McCain -- with each passing day, I am more convinced that there is no bigger fraud in American politics, and that's saying something -- claims that AQ and Iran are in cahoots.

7. Guy_Incognito

Setting aside everything else, how does the ambassador's statement undermine that?

8. Flying Headbutt

How about because AQ is a Sunni sect and Iran is a Shiite sect? And that those two sects fucking hate each other worse than they hate America. FUCK!!!!!

9. Guy_Incognito

I didn't ask why you think it's wrong, I don't care that much. I asked where he sees that in Crocker's response.

10. Flying Headbutt

The ambassador just said the central front in the war on terror isn't in Iraq. McCain has argued differently, and has tried to aid his point by basing his point on a complete farce. How do you miss the point?

11. Guy_Incognito

I've been steering clear of these threads, and am not looking to debate you. I was asking him to explain what seemed to me like a logical mess. Neither of you have yet, but I'll check in the morning.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't bother, Headbutt. Guy is deliberately obtuse when it comes to politics. You could post a nine-part response to make your point, and Guy will say, "I don't understand. What do you mean?"

Draft saved Draft deleted