1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus Hearing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I thought I was altogether fair and balanced. I showed no bias against either party, but rather mocked them both; nor was there any malice except for the lunatic absurdity of the process itself.

2. Next -- the Iraq midnight Infomercial.
    It's a war!
    It's a hair-loss product!
    It slices! It dices! It makes millions of deficits IN SECONDS!
    I also think it's made out of seaweed.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This may be the hardest I have laughed in a while. Then I curled up into a little ball and wept like a child.
    Where's Leon Czolgosz when you need him?

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Yet another call for asassination from our lefty segment. Nice, Jay, stay classy.

5. JayFarrar

What, you just don't love the Czolgosz reference*?
    Please.
    Where the fuck were you when the national media couldn't stop calling Clinton a murderer and rapist. Or when Limbaugh recently said that for the good of the country Hillary needed a bullet in the brain. Were you staying classy then?
    Here's something I've been wondering about. Why do the Republicans always try to claim the high ground when they've been wallowing in the dirt?
    Why does someone at the NYTimes write on why they can't call Alberto a liar, but they don't write about how they can call a then Vice President a lactating woman?
    Just this entirely weird double standard where it is anything goes against the Democrats, but kiddie gloves for the Republicans. And if you try anything harsher you get ripped.
    Just weird.

* Did you google or did you already know?

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I knew.
    And I'm not talking about any of the smokescreens you are throwing out to hide your own BS. I don't give a good damn what "everyone else" has said. In this case, you did it. Like I told typewriterhill in another thread -- if you feel so strongly, man up and do it yourself.

I couldn't hate any of our politicians enough to call for their assassination. Maybe you can.

7. JayFarrar

Well kudos on paying attention in history class.
    Too bad you skipped the part on Vietnam or why wars of choice are always a bad idea.
    And if you remember, McKinley actually died from a botched medical procedure that happened as a result of the shooting. But why quibble over silly things like facts?

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Ow, this has taken an ugly turn.

I haven't seen anything this dissatisfactory since the days when I had to pick the little cockroaches out of my rice.

9. JayFarrar

Thanks Jacky. Now, because of you and the magical keywords, we get the google ad for John McCain's POW video/commercial.
    And silly Jimmy. You can't actually kill Bush because in three days he pops up alive again. Like Christ. Either that or he's actually God or Alanis Morrisette trapped in Bush's body, like how God was in the movie Dogma, just waiting for someone to pull the plug so she could get back to heaven where she belongs.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I aim to serve. (So that's how it works!)

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Somewhere, Webby and Moddy are wondering why there's a Flowers By Irene van parked outside their window.

12. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Couch it however you want, dude. You called for it, but you're not man enough to do it yourself.
    And save the condescending "history lessons" for your little friends in the mediamatterswhenwesayso.org crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.