1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peterson out of CSI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He'll leave the show at midseason ...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/07/william-peterse.html

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm a big CSI fan -- but only the original, not the Miami or NY bastardizations. Don't see how it survives without him, though CBS won't can it anytime soon.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's out FULLTIME. He'll still guest and he'll still be a producer.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read the piece on Entertainment Weekly and they're floating names like Malkovich, Kurt Russel and Lawrence Fishburne. They would be great no doubt, but I'd love to see an alum of The Wire or The Shield.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Maybe Horatio Cain (sp?) can transfer to Vegas.

I like the NY version; Gary Sinise is the best actor on all three shows.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah. how could "nypd blue" survive without caruso or "er" make it sans clooney. ::) ::) ::)

oh, wait. never mind.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I always thought it was Petersen ... and no, I don't think this series doesn't survive without him, although to be honest nobody thought ER would survive without George Clooney or Anthony Edwards.

Er, what Shockey said

8. Bru

Bru Member

When Liev Schreiber filled in for Petersen a couple of seasons back, the show got a very nice creative jolt. I realize that this was for a limited arc, but it demonstrated that Grissom was replaceable.

Fishburne would be great, but does he want to do series TV? They threw enough money at Sinise and he signed on.

Here are some other thoughts. Each would bring something very different.

Two Wire alums, Wendell Pierce and Dominic West

Michael Imperioli

Josh Brolin

Edward James Olmos

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That sucks that he is leaving, he is great on the show. I would love to see Fishburne on the show.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think the story bible to this point would set Nick (George Eads) up for the gig, except of course that you've got Catherine (Marg Helgenwhatsis) as the other supervisor in the shop at this point. It would be best to walk away, but CBS would never walk away from such a cash cow until the last drop of oil had been squeezed out of it.

Folding CSI:NY and rolling Sinise into that spot would work for me, too.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They'll keep spinning off CSIs until Don't Let Go the Coat is the theme song to one of them.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm in when they make a CSI show with Eminence Front as the theme.

Draft saved Draft deleted