1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King's new site: The MMQB

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 22, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is the kind of stuff I'll be going back for.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/25/what-its-like-to-get-whacked/

I think it will be the "NFL Films Presents" of the digital field. Giving people a real insight of the game, the people involved in it etc.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dr Z to me is irreplaceable. His knowledge and understanding of the game was 2nd to none. That said I think that
    Bedard is very good at what he does. He did not play the game but has taken the time to reach a keen understanding.

His Wednesday film breakdown summaries of Pats games became a must read for me. To Bedard's credit I once read an
    interview where his gives props to Bob McGinn at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for the idea of breaking down and writing
    about games through film study.

I really like the site so far. My problem is that stories are showing up so fast I'm afraid I'm going to miss one.
    It's hard to keep up.

3. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Ditto

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Anyone else have lag issues when trying to scroll down while reading a story?

As for the content, the site has been very impressive so far.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Love both the ambition and the results.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yup - much better start than Grantland.

7. tmr

tmr Member

They should run old Dr. Z stuff. Man, I loved his work. His online writing was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted