1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King's latest tirade

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Tweener, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Dan Feldman

Dan Feldman Member

Bleacher Report routinely tweets quotes with credit:

There's a decent chance this was an error in formatting by the graphic designer, not an outlet trying to get away with something. King's response was appropriate if B/R were trying to pull a fast one. But considering B/R's record of crediting the original source in nearly all other circumstances and its response to King's tweets (deleting the offending tweet and apologizing), maybe King overreacted?

2. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Yes, that's possible, obviously.

I think we're all tired of this happening, though, whether it's an innocent mistake or outright plagiarizing. Could be a "straw that broke the camel's back" thing. I mean, I'd be pissed as hell, too, if that happened to me. Seemed like the tweet battles went on for awhile before the apology, too, but hard to tell, I guess.

Anyway, nobody will remember it in 10 seconds.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't see an apology in that B/R reply, which I think has to include words to the effect of "We're sorry."

4. Dan Feldman

Dan Feldman Member

lcjjdnh likes this.
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Ah, I'd only seen the first tweet, not the second. That's a good apology. I apologize for missing the apology.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I am contractually obligated for the The Fan in Toronto. I do the other ones because a) I like the hosts involved and b) one is a Sportsnet station, so it's a benefit. Yes, there is pay, but not a large amount.

Liut likes this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I don't get to hear you often but when I do, I learn something. Hope you don't give up guest hits entirely.

8. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

38b3c191b9001514f3da39a0bf5d45b1.jpg

Tweener likes this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

King was right to be angry. I think one shot on Twitter was enough. The ensuing tantrum was a bit much, but that's what you get with that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted