1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Wins NSSA Sportswriter of The Year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MiselisM, Jan 1, 2014.

1. MiselisM

MiselisM New Member

Doc Emrick also the national sportscaster of the year as well.

But focusing on King, he's won this award now for a third time. Outside of Bill Simmons, I don't think there's any other sportswriter brand that sticks out as much as King. It's even more impressive considering he focuses on one sport.

I'm a bit biased as I've read his MMQB for years, but it's hard finding anyone better than him.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

King is great, but you're right - he's become a brand. Pat Forde, Dan Wetzel, Scott Price, Thomas Lake, Chris Ballard don't stick out so much because their writings are more varied, they can do columns, break news, write long form features on a variety of sports subjects.
    Not a knock on King, I like that he is focused on getting NFL coverage away from the minutia of injuries, trades, signings, etc. and focusing on the game with a wider lens.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://nssafame.com/2014/01/01/emrick-king-win-2013-nssa-national-awards/

Draft saved Draft deleted