1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Travel Note of The Week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My God that's the type of shit you'd expect to read in a high school newspaper. A bad high school newspaper. Who the fuck cares?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it's great for the world to know that Mary Beth is promiscuous enough to give out handskies while sitting in a seat next to her father. Now guys who meet her in a bar know they probably don't even need to buy her a drink to get her in a bathroom stall.

Yeesh ... I can't believe a father would put that story about his own daughter on the web.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He actually put that in his column? What an idiot.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This must not have been a SI-funded trip.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm glad he did. I'm gonna avoid those blue airplane blankets for sure now.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Touche. I guess it was a public service.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Outing alert: 21 is Mary Beth King!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I knew someone would remember the line about jizzed blankets. You guys never disappoint. 8)

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just so we don't get to far off the track on poor Peter, here is what he actually wrote with sentence in bold where change was made. You will see it did not take much:

Aggravating/Enjoyable Travel Note of the Week
    I took the redeye from L.A. to Atlanta last Monday night, then connected Tuesday morning to Newark.

Aisle seat in coach on a jumbo jet from LAX to Atlanta. Two seats on either side, with three seats in the middle row. I'm on the left of one of those three-seaters. Boyfriend and girlfriend, I assume, next to me in the other two seats. They put a blanket over their head upon takeoff. There is movement under the blanket. I'm creeped out. I try to fall asleep. Every 10 minutes or so a leg or arm jolts me slightly. Are they stretching to sleep, somehow? Are they doing something else? No one knows. After an hour or so they fall asleep. Blanket stays over their heads until we're cleared for landing. Then they sit up and get un-disheveled.

Don't ask me what was going on under there. I don't want to know. You don't either.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

During the flight as I was enjoying my Starbucks, I watched as my precious Mary Beth followed her TE boyfriend into the bathroom.

Were they joining the Mile High Club? Was she giving him a blumkin? I'm sure I don't want to know ... The crazy thing about Brett Favre's retirement is...

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Thanks, Peter...like we needed more proof that your column is just a parody.
    How can someone at SI look at that and deem it acceptable for a professional organization?

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I started to google blumkin but then decided that it would not be a very good idea.
    Seems like I recall it from Harold and Kumar and that's all I need.

Draft saved Draft deleted