1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King screws up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Sep 6, 2007.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Shaggy, the hypothetical Peyton Manning miscue you mentioned is irrelevant. Of course that would be different. But why are you so heated and persistent about this? Tell me all about the last 12-month period in which you didn't make a mistake in print, provided you were writing for print.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

SI had another one in their Mich-App. St story this week, the last graf of the story talked about App. St. turning around and getting ready for Lenoir-Rhyme. That's a school I gotta look up every time, but I know my first try is never "Rhyme".

The underlying point is that the error train is in full steam at SI.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Perhaps they shouldn't have laid off so many folks in last winter's bloodbath. Big league blue pencils aren't easy to find.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Throwing self-respect right down the crapper . . .

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Me or the magazine? My self-respect was in tatters long before last winter.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The magazine, of course, sir . . .

'Course, I'm sure the shareholders are thrilled, as in terms of copy integrity, SI goes the way of the
    typical short-armed daily . . . can't make bricks without straw, kids.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The issue with Andy Katz is his "breaking" stories that appeared in other pubs. If he missed a comma, BFD. If he steals credit for breaking a story, THAT's a problem.

This top 497 thing might have been a bit much. Especially if one guy is rated twice, nearly 200 spots apart.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it was intentional.
    Maybe they meant on his best day he was here and on this worst day he was there?
    Just kidding. I can't do blue.

Draft saved Draft deleted