1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King is Scaring Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 9, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He was pretty good in his draft predictions, more or less. Thought the note at the end of his piece today was interesting. Apparently there will be a big Dr. Z benefit to help him get some aggressive post-stroke therapy. The thing is, it sounds like King is soliciting people in the NFL for auction items. I realize once you're as high up the ladder as King is, ethics mean nothing, but I thought it was unusual. Figured it was at least as sketchy as umpires or NBA refs asking players for donations to their cause of choice.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Solid.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That's nothing compared to the day PK ran out of TP at ORD:

'So I was dashing through O'Hare to catch my flight to Green Bay, a ridiculously tight connection on United (Delta would have been much more convenient but as you all know I no longer fly Delta and neither should anyone else), when nature called and I hustled into the men's room.

Balancing a venti double pump no whip mocha latte in one hand and my BlackBerry in the other, I used my left knee and right elbow to undo my belt and slacks, and figured I had a good four minutes before my flight began boarding. Fortunately, I had eaten chili with Donovan McNabb and his mom the night before, so I really only needed forty seconds or so.

But then, if you can believe it....there was absolutely no toilet paper. None. Not even a little shred left clinging to the roll, just none. How hard is it for a major airport to hire a few professionals who understand how to change a roll of toilet paper. Incredible.

I didn't recall seeing a rest room attendant when I entered, those guys with mints and hairspray, so I sat for a moment considering my options, and then I called out: "Hey, hello? Is there any toilet paper?' Nothing. Silence. I tried again: 'This is Peter King of Sports Illustrated, I'm on my way to dinner with Brett, is there any toilet paper around here?'

Bottom line, no help was forthcoming. Fortunately, it was chilly when I left New York that morning, so I was wearing an extra t-shirt. United will get my bill for a replacement, plus a little extra for the spilled latte.

Memo to NBC, if Madden is no longer using that bus, please get in touch.'

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

classic, gf. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bravo!!!!

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This stuff never gets old.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I like King, but this one left me feeling...uncomfortable. And I tried picturing Boom's reaction while reading it. Using the whole fist there, Doc?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/26/camps/index.html?eref=sihpT1

In nonurological news, he did have some info on Dr. Z, who's still really struggling after the three strokes, and Jim Johnson, who's apparently in really bad shape.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Doesn't say the 2nd doc put the 'glove' on his hand now, does it?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Since we know he's not goofing on his readership, this stuff remains
    truly, truly remarkable.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Milkshake. Screen. Fucker.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What? Am I missing the part about the 2nd doc being named Favre?

Draft saved Draft deleted