1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King is Scaring Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 9, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Speaking of Coughlin, Olbermann had a rather embarrassing fuck-up in his smarmy little commentary tonight. He said Coughlin had once had his car and cell phone stolen and called up the thieves and tried to order them to return the stuff. Turns out the Giants coach who did that was Jim Fassel, not Coughlin. Olbermann had to correct himself a few minutes later. I love it when condescending pricks embarrass themselves on national TV.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah - that was classic - talk about a joke backfiring.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Peter is somber because he realized he put Tiki Barber in his Top 500 players list seven times.

4. TX Writer

TX Writer Member

Nicely done, Shaggy. Nicely done.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An old lesson . . . if you're going to be glib and cute, get it right.

KO's broad track record repels much serious piling-on, though . . .

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Too fucking funny... ;D

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I agree with Boom here. We need to remove these eyesores from television immediately. I propose that all television shows, particularly news shows and pre-game football shows, use the actors from their respective channel’s daytime soap operas. This way, we will be able to look only at the beautiful people and not have to worry about someone’s teeth or large size.

I would also like to promote the idea that the women be naked. This way if we find anything mildly unsightly the woman can be replaced with someone younger and more attractive.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I read this morning that Mary Beth King is already a senior at Colgate. My, do they grow up fast. It seems like only yesterday when we all used to gather around the computer screen and read about her high school softball (and yogurt pretzel) exploits.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

They should trot Peter King out to announce all changes in the national terror alert...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't be... She was in high school when I started here and that hasn't been four years.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If she is a college senior right now, then its only been three years since HS for her.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe he could become head of Homeland Security.

King has a look of terror when he comes on. It reminds me of Honeymooners episode when Ralph goes on game show. Host asks him what he does and Ralph nervously looks at him and stutters " I dive a dus"

Draft saved Draft deleted