1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King gets pwned on Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by swamp trash, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This is ridiculous. King, for all his faults, posted a perfectly reasonable observation that Vilma didn't like. Not sure how this is a story.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Actually, nowhere in this thread have you explained why he's been an embarrassment for the last ten years. All you do is come across as a hurt fanboy.

3. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

4. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

OK, then, have it your way. If you want to paint me as a "hurt fanboy" then I guess that's your right. I got too many real things going on in life to get in some dumb argument over the internet that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. :)

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Two pages of evidence would indicate otherwise.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You don't need "personally" in front of the "I" - the I kind of gives away the "personally" part. I think he sucks is all you need.
    Since you are in the profession, I figured you'd appreciate the tip. Same thing with "my personal opinion" - who else would it be if not you?

PK gets a lot of grief. This is unwarranted. That's what I personally think myself.

7. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

Pretty condescending post......man you people sure get your panties in a wad over nothing. It's not like I was trying to start anything, but so be it. Think what you must.

8. Two-page thread for this?

I saw it on my Twitter feed and laughed, then sort of said "YUP!" in my head. I'm a Saints fan. I would have tweeted the same thing if I were King. Sportswriters tweet stuff like this all the time. King's right, and he made a very valid point.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thread title should be changed to reflect who got pwned and that it was on SJ, not Twitter.

There. I've accomplished my years-long goal of using the word "pwned" in a sentence. Now I can talk to my 9-year-old! The 12-year-old has moved on from it though.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I to would agree that it is unwarranted criticism this time, but do wonder if Vilma turned King down for a story. Usually he is favorable to those he wants to write about, although they are mostly QB's

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, I think he's mostly butt-hurt because he was the player pictured on SI's cover with the bounty story.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Being from "The U" I would have thought that he would have been proud of that image.

Really pretty amazing how the game has changed. Dick Butkus and Ray Nitschke would have been looked down upon in today's NFL.

[​IMG]

Oh how the times have changed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted