1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King: Expert on more than just football?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wonder which picture Bernie had in his head at moment of conception - was it thin Peter or chubby Peter?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I'm sure they were popular with his daughter, too. Until he had to stop writing about her.

'Normal' or 'average' isn't the same as 'healthy.' So 'popular' isn't the same as 'good.' The National Enquirer is popular. Hell, SIMMONS is the most 'popular' writer in the business, isn't he? You mean to tell me that there was some hidden, untapped societal need for a failed newspaper guy to make continued 20-year-old Karate Kid references?

Gladiatorial spectacles were once popular, too. I guess the Caesars knew their peeps.

Some things don't deserve to be patronized, and should be treated with the disdain they deserve. Eventually, they are, and people look back on them and say "What the hell were we thinking?" Simmons' novellas and Peter King's Starbuck's commentaries will both fall into that category, I'm certain. As a blogger, King makes a darn good football writer.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Conceptionerdness?

4. disagree

peter might not be for you or most of the people on here, but he has a devoted audience, and you're smart enough to know comparing his readers to National Inquirer readers is silly and pointless

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Aren't you one of the board's strongest advocates of ultimate fighting being covered like a real sport? If I am mistaken, please tell me.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

7. Boom_70

Thinking of PK while in the act

[​IMG]
    =

[​IMG]

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Never seen Mrs. Bernie, but it would have to be an industrial strength frame if Bernie is in there bumping and grinding.

9. So when someone talks about how "popular" their YouTube videos are ....

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was awesome.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Y'know Rok, lots of journalists disdain anything having to do with their private life being made public through their writing, and that's fine. But most readers don't hold journalists to the same standards we do.

King's writing is popular and he's got lots of fans. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to read it, right? Problem solved.

Yet your post is odd considering some of the things you've written about on this site. Just sayin'.

And for the record, when my ex-wife was pregnant with my son, I wrote a bi-weekly column about it, sharing my thoughts and emotions. If other journalists didn't like it, well, I really didn't give a swut. It was important to me and enough readers liked it for me to carry it to its conclusion.

12. Boom_70

You must have gotten deep and had a tight seal .

Draft saved Draft deleted