1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Drinking NBC Kool Aid

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Peter King starting to feel his oats at NBC disparges the other networks and announcers in MMQB :

Maybe NBC figures FOX can keep the Bears-Pats game Nov. 26 now, and NBC will take Colts-Eagles. Colts-Eagles is sexier now, assuming Indy wins at Dallas Sunday and stays unbeaten. That's a big assumption, of course.
    g. I wonder what coaches think when they walk into their network production meeting and see Craig Bolerjack and Richard Baldinger in the room. We're playing in a god-awful football game?

h. Didn't your mother ever tell you to wear a hood in the rain, Tony Siragusa?

i. How about the two announcers at Seattle-St. Louis, J.C Pearson and Matt Vasgersian, both wearing dark jackets, pink shirts and striped ties? "They're the Bobbsey Twins!'' Bob Costas exclaimed

2. Re: PK Enjoying NBC Kool Aid

This will not end well.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Re: PK Enjoying NBC Kool Aid

I really enjoyed his Sunday night "scoop" about Brett Favre and how Mike McCarthy wants him to play next year and even the year after ... this coming from an "exclusive" PK talk with McCarthy after the game.

Too bad that same information was giving to us by Jay Glazer nine hours earlier during the Packers-Vikings game. McCarthy told Glazer that Saturday night ...

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Peter is slipping badly. Glazer is the 2006 version of Mort on speed dial.

Pete needs a quadruple shot in his latte to keep up.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

These don't even begin well.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re: MMQ -

Did he disown his kids?

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

8. Boom_70

Our man Whitlock is not as impressed with NBC Sunday night as PK is:

. Have I mentioned that NBC’s “Football Night in America” studio show is an embarrassment?

They remind me of the Lakers when Phil Jackson tried to get Shaq, Kobe, The Mailman and The Glove to play together.

Oh, there’s talent on NBC’s studio team. Chris Collinsworth and Sterling Sharpe are fearless. Bob Costas is as polished as a TV broadcaster can be. Peter King has a great rep. And Jerome Bettis should be likeable.

But this thing absolutely doesn’t work. I was embarrassed for them at halftime of the Colts-Patriots game. Sharpe shouted about wanting all the Cowboys to apologize. Bettis babbled, said nothing and then tried to crack a joke. Collinsworth was so stunned by Sharpe’s shouting that he raised his voice just to fit in. Costas looked like he’d just walked in on Michael Irvin’s pre-Thanksgiving-dinner crack-pipe pat-down.

Peter King polished the circus off by informing viewers that his just-completed phone conversation with Jason Taylor revealed that the New York Giants should pressure Bears quarterback Rex Grossman.

Luckily, the circus ended before King could advise the Giants to wear helmets this Sunday, too.

This show has no chemistry, no purpose and no chance. Put down the cute cards and try talking football, guys.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We have to get whitlock a national TV job.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . where he can carve up ESPN's excesses, each and every time out.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Bettis and Sharpe are AWFUL.

Costas and Collinsworth are tremendous.

They still have better talent in those two than any other show.

12. Boom_70

We also need for you to commit to your thoughts on King.

Draft saved Draft deleted