1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Dispatches From South Africa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 8, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is the first twitter (tweet) I've ever read.

What a complete fucking waste. Jesus.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hasn't covered soccer since the 1996 Olympics.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/worldcupking

English people think the English team will beat the American team Saturday?
    Why haven't I read this before?

Well done, PK. Once again you're incomparable sourcing has resulted in a huge scoop.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Today she would have reported via twitter in real time. @amsteredamanne

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've been to the Anne Frank House. I'm surprised he was able to squeeze his way up the staircase.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know what, if he never got further than the staircase, that could explain a lot.

7. Boom_70

He tried the other day as noted in MMQB Aggravating Travel:

Aggravating/Enjoyable Travel Note of the Week

Cape Town is fantastically beautiful, though the winter can undo your plans. (It is the late fall here, sort of Seattle-ish. Gray, dreary, overcast, though not terribly cold). We tried to sail to Robben Island Sunday to see where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in prison, but the weather cancelled our plans. We'll try again today. I can tell, though, after just one day, that Cape Town should be a destination point for any adventurous traveler. Beautiful in itself and accessible to so many other amazing places. Just come when the weather is a bit nicer. Our summer is their winter.

Peter's delay could not have been near as annoying as the 18 years that Mandela spent locked up on Robbin Island. Oh the irony of it all.

Truly PK is the gift that keeps on giving. It's going to be a grand few weeks.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But not enough.

9. Boom_70

Maybe he got sidetracked talking to Brett Favre and walked into the wrong house.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The mark of a truly wretched sports writer, over his head in a sport he knows nothing about, is his ability to crank out analogies to sports he DOES know.

I am thinking:
    England is going to be compared to the Dallas Cowboys
    Wayne Rooney = Brett Favre
    World Cup needs a halftime show
    Queen Elizabeth - Georgia Frontiere

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Let's just be grateful he didn't compare Anne's house to the Meadowlands press box.

12. Boom_70

@worldcupking Hate that there is no tv time outs. I need to take a leak. Note to self tomorrow wear dark slacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted