1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Blasts Cowboys $55,000 Dinner Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Dez Bryant and the Cowboys did this shitty economy a small favor.

Too many rich people sit on their fortune. It's great to see a rich person spend the shit out of it.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'll be taking my son to Chuck E. Cheese in a few minutes, our usual Thursday extravagance.

Instead of splurging for the chicken ciabatta, I think I'll drop a fin off at the homeless shelter on the way.

That OK with everyone? Should I alert Peter King?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Derek Bell approves this message.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And then consider what percentage it is of his take-home pay. And that's he probably got 10 years or so to make this kind of money, then it's over.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think Peter should start drinking service station coffee instead of $5 Latte's at Starbucks

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just don't eat the pizza there. That's some vile shit.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Do they still have the animatronic singing animals? God, I hope so. I also hope it's one of the few places around where you can still play a good game of bubble hockey.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yes, to both...

I'm there at least once a month and the last three times we've been there, no pizza was ordered.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The only time I was in a Chuck E Cheese, a little kid was taking a leak into the ball pit. Just sayin.

As for monetary abuses in pro sports, it seems if you're going to get indignant on behalf of financially stricken Americans, you should start with stadiums that charge $5 for a bottle of water, ten bucks for a pizza no bigger than a CD, and the rest of the outrageous prices that directly affect fans, instead of fussing over the spending habits of the irresponsibly wealthy.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Given Chuck E. Cheese's sordid past, I'm surprised the kid's parent wasn't right there next to him taking a dump.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I hate these places with a level of passion that sometimes concerns me. Sure the food sucks and the ball pit is a health hazard but what bothers me most is the noise. Ten birthday parties going on simultaneously, each featuring at least two uncontrollably screaming kids, plus music, bells, whistles and sirens coming from each of the different games. If you ever read about a man going berserk inside one of these places with a whack-a-mole mallet, it will probably be me.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I hope you whack all of the parents and half the kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted