1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Blasts Cowboys $55,000 Dinner Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I wasn't nearly good enough to make the varsity team as a freshman. I hear those guys got it real bad.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

PK must be an SJ reader- his latest twitter post:

#
    # Re Dez 55k dinner: I now know I'm pompous, way too liberal, uninformed, high-horsish, disgusting, fat. I'm so glad you all care.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't need the outrage from PK. Surely he's seen/heard countless stories of the same excess from NFL players (and owners), yet this is the one he calls out? Lotsa multi-millionaires in this country who don't play with balls for a living run up amazing dinner tabs. Why do you think so many of these high-end steakhouses exist?

4. Boom_70

At least businessmen can deduct the tab and let the rest of the tax payers pick up half.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

Which is exactly my point. The dinner was going to happen, but the vets made it more expensive because of the pads stupidity. Nice job backtracking, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Fair enough. My bad for jumping on your post.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Somehow I get the feeling PK would have written differently about this dinner had he been invited. STFUPK.

8. Boom_70

Percentage wise for King's $500 dinner for 2 with Freddy Mitchell it was equally obscene.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sure he has the right to spend $55K on a meal.

He also has the right to spend $10K on a meal for the team, and $45K on new helmets and pads for the Dallas Boys&Girls Clubs.

If the Cowboys players weren't as moronic as their coach, they would've insisted on the latter. Just another reason to hate the most pompous team in football.

10. JackReacher

I'm guessing you hate every other team in the league, too, then. Because they all spend thousands and thousands of dollars on dinners like that.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Because pro athletes don't think beyond their own little world. It's all about them. I just hope when it comes time for Dez Bryant to re-negotiate his next big contract, he gripes about having a family to feed. Then we can throw this shit back at his selfish ass.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oy vey.

Can we just criticize pro athletes for poor play, beating up girlfriends, and driving drunk?

They make a lot of money. They spend it. I didn't read the story. If no laws were broken, and the wait staff was treated well, then everybody can just shut it. Its a pricey steak house. I am sure the Cowboys party wasn't the only people in the place.

And boom, terrific find. I remember that column now that you posted it.. Your encyclopedic PK memory is priceless.

Draft saved Draft deleted