1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Blasts Cowboys $55,000 Dinner Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My wife and I barely drink. We went out with friends who do and despite all four of us ordering the same appetizers and main course, our meal was $40 less than theirs was.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Buying beer/liquor at restaurants is the easiest way to piss away money (quite literally).

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Which was the best take on the bill, simply because it added some perspective on something far more relevant, as opposed to the bill itself.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

His ninth car at least has some value, it's something that can be repo'd when he taps out.

These meals are a load of bullshit. It's just guys fluffing up the bill in whatever way possible and it's a stupid and wasteful thing to do, especially in these times. Instead of ordering wine nobody really wants and food that won't be eaten, do something productive with the money.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

King was just pissed they didn't have any yogurt pretzels.

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I could run a $55k tab in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. BFD

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'll be more outraged in 10 years when Bryant has 11 kids by eight different women.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Missed it by that much!

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

think he tried saying, ok i'll just carry Roy Williams' helmet and pads for the rest of the season.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Fuck it. If the Cowboys want to blow $55,000 in money and trickle it down to the less rich, I'm all for it.

Hopefully that waiter uses his new dough and subscribes to about 1,000 newspapers.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

For the record, the 55K bill is .065 percent of his salary.
    So if Peter King is bitching about that, he should be upset when someone who makes 30K a year spends $194.11 on dinner.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'm sure he can afford to wipe his ass with $20 bills, too. That's not the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted