1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pete Thamel on Nerlens Noel, sans Nerlens Noel

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Versatile

You make some good points in your post, but there is way too much navel gazing and leaves
    the reader thinking that your post is self serving. Less about yourself and more about the topic
    at hand will go a long way towards building trust with your readers.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Maybe he would not comment, because he's got his own blog on ESPN.com .

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/3689/nerlens-notebook-georgetown-visit-jordan-brand

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Being out of touch with big-time high school basketball, I seriously thought "Nerlens Noel" was a nom de plume for some New Orleans street musician.

Carry on.

4. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Pretty lame response in the ESPN blog

"Before I forget, I just want to say that there are definitely a lot of untruths to a certain article that was written about me recently in the New York Times. I don’t really want to even feed in to the negativity.

All I will say is that the negative things in that article just aren’t true. I’m a positive guy and I want to move forward in a positive direction with positive people. That’s it."

Wonderful Mr. Noel, thanks for clearing that up.

5. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

And the conclusion to the recruiting . . . .

NY Times

On Wednesday night, the country’s top-ranked high school player, Nerlens Noel, chose to follow Davis in flamboyant fashion. Noel, Scout.com’s No. 1 recruit, picked the Wildcats by shaving a U.K. logo in the back of his head.

Noel will highlight Kentucky’s latest top-rated recruiting class, which will attempt to do what Davis and his fellow freshmen Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marquis Teague did this season: lead their team to a national title immediately.

Draft saved Draft deleted