1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PETA is mad at Nintendo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt Stephens, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

http://www.1up.com/news/mario-3d-land-tanooki-suit-not-ok-with-peta

Apparently he skinned that tanuki himself.

2. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

Speaking of PETA...

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/peta-wants-turkey-texas-to-cha.html

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

What about the town of Seal Clubbing, Alaska?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Where was PETA when Koopas were being stomped on and Yoshis were being forced to swallow tortoise shells and jump long distances over canyons?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It was suing Seaworld for violating the 13th amendment provision against slavery!

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Love echoing the line by Gordon Gecko in the first Wall Street about wasps, but could just as easily be applied to PETA: "Love animals, hate people."

I vote that anyone who is a member of PETA who gets a terrible but treatable disease not be allowed any medication that was developed through animal research.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry PETA but this has been a staple of Mario games for 20 years and you are just complaining about it now?

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I sure hate to have to agree with hondo, but this sounds like a good idea ...

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

PETA is angry because they just realized that 20 minutes had gone by and they weren't somehow in the news.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Of all things to get pissed about ...

Draft saved Draft deleted