1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I'll add the opposite of the earlier elevator point: People who act like complete honkin' idiots when the elevator gets to their floor. Huh? This is where I'm supposed to be? What's up with that? It must be magic! Herpa derpa let me take 15 seconds to leave the damned elevator regardless of people waiting to get on herpa derpa

Have the damned self-respect required to know where you are, dammit. Get off the elevator in a timely fashion. Not hard.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

People who cross a busy street carrying young kids and people who cross a street ten feet in front of the crosswalk.

3. Twitter play-by-play of a baseball game.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Twitter play-by-play of a Hofstra basketball game.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Giving the closer the win after he's the one who blows the save. I understand you have to give the win to someone, but a pit in my stomach makes me feel like we're rewarding the guy to screwing the pooch and getting bailed out.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Twitter play-by-play of any event. If I wanted to know that much about it, I would be there.

fossywriter8 likes this.
  7. Not enough salad dressing. Too much salad dressing.

8. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

I've always called that the Minnesota Roadblock. But instead of driving the speed limit, they're generally going about 5 under it.

9. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Selfish lovers...

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bingo.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Drivers who dawdle in the middle lane of a three lane freeway. Move to the right.

People who drive 110kph in the PASSING lane in a 100 kph zone

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

The complete misuse of the phrase "beg the question."

Draft saved Draft deleted