1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Reply all.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

1. Oblivious pedestrians
    2. People who snap their fingers when they walk.
    3. People who overuse your name.

Our office manager does the last two CONSTANTLY. The snapping fingers are so distracting. And he makes me hate the sound of my own name. Multiple times a day, this is what I hear:

HIM: Dyno. How you doing today, Dyno?
    Me: Fine
    HIM: Glad to hear it, Dyno.

3. turski7

turski7 Member

People who say "um" or "like" every other word of a conversation.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Subways and buses in NYC. No one waits for you to exit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

People who take the last cup of coffee at the office and don't make a new pot.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Really? For the most part I noticed that at least people who live there, they usually allow those exiting to do so. Every once in a while it'll be an issue, but I've found it to be worse in other cities with public transportation. Now the tourists, that's a different story. But I could fill up a whole thread with tourist pet peeves.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I ride the bus and the subway every day to work (not so much the subway anymore since I moved yesterday) and people area always getting on before all the passengers exit. More the subway than the bus though.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am going to disagree with you on this one.

It really does take a village to raise a child. And the best members of the village are the elders.

Do not ever rob your children of one single moment with their grandparents. Ever.

23 years later, I watch my mom and my daughter interact and it really is the greatest feeling in the world. The two people I love the most: my mom and my daughter. And they finish each other's thoughts. Does it really get any better than that?

There are not a lot of kids that get to enjoy that kind of time with their grandparents. Just let it happen.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cannot stress the above enough.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Now there are two of us.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

dooley.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Radio stations that play the same 10 songs every hour.

Sporting events that don't start within a few minutes of the announced start time on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted