1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Almost everything about getting waited on (or not getting waited on) at the typical fast-food setting peeves me.

I'm still the only person I know who will admit to leaving a fast-food drive-thru in frustration after paying for my food.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

People who do "fund-raisers" for their private schools or their travel team/club activities.

We once had the girls across the street selling that wildly overpriced candy -- to "raise funds" for the Christmas production of "The Nutcracker" by the private dance studio they attend.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We'll never be friends.

4. I've done that... twice.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People who rush onto an elevator without giving people the time to get off. I use the elevators in our building probably 10-20 times a day, and 90% of the time, I encounter these idiots.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

People who don't use turn signals. And flicking it on AS you turn the corner defeats the entire purpose of turn signals.

People who are habitually late. We all have accidents occasionally, chronic lateness implies that your time is somehow more valuable than the people you keep waiting.

People that stand in the bus or subway doorway when they're not getting off.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That one is pretty high on my list as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Parents who treat their kids as trophies and would rather dump them off at daycare on their days off and then leave them with grandma and grandpa so the parents can have a weekend away from the kids.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I fight the grandma and grandpa thing with myself all the time. On one hand, my mom is always pestering me to watch him for the afternoon. On the other hand, I don't want to feel like I'm outsourcing child care. I try to deal with the guilt by being very productive when my parents have him or when I take him to day care even though I'm technically off that day. No golf or movie watching or lying around, that's for sure.

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Most of mine are driving related. People who take their sweet time at a left turn arrow instead of taking off the instant it turns, allowing for only two or three cars to make the light. People who get to four-way stops before I get there, then wait for me to come to a complete stop, then look at me like they're not quite sure how this works. People who use the left lane for anything other than passing another vehicle. People who drive a certain speed, only to speed up 5 or 10 mph once you try to pass them.

Oh, and the toilet paper being backward. And the use of the phrase "try and." It's try to. You try to do something. You don't try and do something.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm not a parent and don't plan on being a parent, but I'd imagine a weekend away from the kids every now and then is pretty necessary. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's not EVERY weekend.

Along those lines....parents who let their kids run around the neighborhood unattended is one of the most annoying things ever. You lazy bastard. WATCH YOUR 4 YEAR OLD BEFORE HE SHITS IN MY FRONT YARD OR GETS HIT BY A CAR OR SOMETHING!!!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Laconic jaywalkers

Draft saved Draft deleted