1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hate the way the use of the terms "Iconic (or icon)" and "Historic" has come to replace popular or long-lasting when describing everything from a sitcom to an advertising campaign or anything related to celebrities.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Biting your lip or the inside of your mouth. The peeve is that the resulting swelling increases the probability of biting the exact same spot a second or more times by 98 percent. Fuck! And yes, I did this yesterday.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Sports bars that don't know what they're doing.

On my way home Sunday afternoon, I stop in at a national chain for a burger and a beer and to catch an hour of the NCAA Tournament. There are 15 televisions in the place — four showing a meaningless NFL game from Week 3, a couple of others airing poker, spring training baseball, last week's NASCAR race and golf from Europe featuring players no one's ever heard of. There's exactly one TV showing college basketball and that's an NIT game. I ask the waitress to see if she can change the TV in front of me to the NCAA Tournament; it was like asking her to explain the science behind nuclear fission.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good one. And so inexplicably stupid.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I second this one and add not properly loading the dishwasher. Wife will put in one large item in the place where we could put four smaller ones.

Causes more stuff to be washed by hand or running more loads.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy criticizing your wives on this thread. I am not that brave.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel like you were at the "sports bar" by where I work. Place isn't open for Monday Night Football.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

In short, a widely held pet peeve seems to be marriage

Donny in his element and BDC99 like this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Sonic by my office that touts its breakfast menu but doesn't open til 8 a.m.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it can require interaction with a member of the opposite sex. ;)

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Or a member of the same sex, per our enlightened times and a Supreme Court decision...

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't know Mrs. Batman or Mrs. Buck, but I'm guessing my wife would have a lot more complaints about me.

murphyc and Ace like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted