1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

No receipt at the pump? I'm not coming back if I can help it. I shouldn't have to stand in line behind a horde of tards buying lottery tickets just to get my gas receipt.

Like anyone, I have many pet peeves... :)

Obese, bovine people blocking entire aisles in stores, blocking the sidewalk, etc. Lots of that around these parts.

Drivers on highways who don't pay attention to the dynamics of merging. Really, it's in everyone's interests to avoid violent death in an auto accident.

The fact that FOX News is somehow considered acceptable for office waiting rooms, university student unions and other public spaces. I'm staying at a hotel this week, and FOX News is constantly blaring in the lobby. I have to listen to their nonsense if I want to eat the "free" hotel breakfast.

States with 3.2 percent beer laws. It doesn't prevent drunkenness. It just encourages people to get fat and spend all their money in their efforts to get drunk.

Golf, in general.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

With you on the FoxNews thing, WI. Every hospital and doctor's office waiting room I've been in has FoxNews on. Grrr.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

A chiropractor I used to visit regularly had the shit at high volume in his waiting room. This was 2002-2004, when FOX was in a constant state of wargasm over the thought of invading Iraq. I complained to him once..."I come here to feel better," I said half-jokingly. He gave me the old silent STFU look. Wotta guy.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Doc, your TV is making me ill. Do you have any remedy?

Yeah, watch two hours of the Daily Show and Colbert Report and call me in the morning.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So Cory Hart isn't?

6. EStreetJoe

Sounds like you adhere to the George Carlin driving philosophy that I follow as well - "I am the only perfect driver on the road. Anybody driving faster than me is a lunatic, everyone driving slower than me is an idiot"

7. boots

boots New Member

ANYONE who asks for my social security number. That number was not made to be a tracking device.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Worse in a convertible.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Former smoker here, but I share the same peeve. I sometimes get a vision of a cigarette butt hitting my hood and the whole car going up in a massive explosion on the interstate.

10. EStreetJoe

Why do smokers flip the butts out the window when there should be a perfectly good ashtray inside the car to put them in?

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

my car doesn't have an ashtray

12. joe

joe Active Member

Ashtrays are optional these days, as are lighters. My car has neither.

Draft saved Draft deleted