1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

People that don't return phone calls or texts or whatever.

Assholes who drive fucking slow as shit in the middle and left lanes. Because there is almost always someone smart enough to drive slow in the right, so I'm fucked either way.

I hate hate hate hate hate the sound of someone filing their nails. I can not be around it.

2. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

People who think that just because they are going 10-15 mph over the speed limit that they don't have to get the hell out of the fast lane. I don't care how freaking fast you are going. If I want to go faster, then get OVER! It's not that hard to do. When I drive, I pass and get back in the right lane. I hate people who think they're fine to drive in the fast lane just because they're going the limit..or they're driving over it.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Come to California, where it's expected that slow drivers will stay where they are and it's up to the faster driver to weave around them -- and all lanes are acceptable for passing, up to and including the HOV lane and the shoulder.

Not that I would know. 8)

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I thought you liked Fenian.

5. People who will sit in the parking lot of Walmart/the mall/Target and wait for somebody to load their entire fucking shopping cart into the car, put it up, then get into the car to lkeave just because the space is right there, blocking your path for a good 5 or 10 minutes.

Usually these people are so morbidly obese that a little extra cardio would be good for them.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Women who wear a short skirt, then always are adjusting it, tugging it down the quarter-inch of give that it has. If you're not comfortable showing a lotta leg, wear something longer.

Wearing sunglasses at night or on a non-sunny day. Only the Blues Brothers are allowed.

7. I'm guilty of both, dools. My sunglasses are prescription. I wear them during the day because my eyes are very light-sensitive, and I've been burned too many times on it starting out gloomy then having the sun come out on the way to work. And I've worn them at night once or twice when I forgot my regular glasses at home. (I don't need them at work, just for driving).

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

when several men and several women are on an elevator together - say it's going down so everyone is getting out at the same floor - men in my building are exceedingly polite, to the point of absurdity.

to wit: often you will find a man standing immediately in front of the door, blocking everyone's path. no problem so far, since the last person in is allowed to stand just a few inches from the door. so then we arrive at the lobby and this man will not move because he believes it's his duty to let the women exit first. but the dimwit is blocking the fucking door so no one can leave until he moves or steps off. and why the fuck would you actually move out of the way? just fucking leave the elevator. no one will think he's rude if he steps off the elevator.

i have many more but i'll leave it at this.

9. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Non-smokers who somehow believe their non-smoking life style will grant them immortality, conveniently forgeting that they will in fact all die from something someday, and even possibly before their smoking buddies.

Bowlers. Fucking boneheads. All of them.

People who spend $2 at the grocery store and still whip out the check book.

That engine light on my dash board that according to the owner's manual I should ignore for a while because it may just stop lighting up after a few "driving cycles" (whatever the fuck that means) unless there is a serious engine problem, in which case I should have had the engine checked out before it burst into flames??

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

People who enjoy stirring up crap just for the sake of it.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would never have come up with it, but YES.

And I always go in and get it because I don't want those slackers having even the last four digits of my credit card number.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

The thing about slow golfers.... even if they're good, there are ways to keep the pace of play up, mainly including being ready to play when it's your turn. Have your club selected and have the wind checked and so forth before your partner hits and then approach your ball and go. You can do all that while waiting, if you're quiet, and not bother anyone and still make the round faster.

Agree with the sentiment that even if you're speeding, you may not be going as fast as me, so get out of the way. I know I shouldn't, but I routinely do 20 over, so get out of my way. And the part about L.A.? It was shocking but true that they expect you to weave out there. Crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted