1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Threads about pet peeves.

2. Basketball teams that don't box the F&$% out during the last defensive possession of a game, thereby allowing its opponent four opportunities to score the winning basket and - in the process - taking away one of my Elite Eight teams in the first round.

I'm looking at you Georgia Tech!

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

People whose pet peeves are threads about pet peeves. :D

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Like the guy I was stuck behind last night who merged onto the freeway going 25 mph. And then immediately got in the left lane. Good times.

5. boots

boots New Member

Let's be careful out there.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

People who litter (especially smokers).

Convenience stores that make you go in for a gas receipt because the dispenser is out of paper.

Oil companies that think the .9 cents they charge for a gallon of gas actually is an effective marketing ploy.

Golfers who take too long to hit a shot.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

And I thought that .9 cents was due to federal and state taxes on the fuel.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

trifecta hit the superfecta.

I hate all those, especially slow golfers. Now, if you are slow and good, OK.

But slow bad golfers! Guys who waggle 10 times and walk behind their ball before slicing it into the trees every other shot drive me crazy.

bad and fast? fine.

slow and good? great.

slow and bad? try minature golf.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

People who quit without giving notice.

People who hate cats.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought we had this thread already about the pet food recall and pet kidney failure.

Oh, by bad, that was pet PEEves.

11. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

good one, trifect. for some reason it pisses me off beyond believe when I see a smoker flip their butt out the window, especially when I'm driving behind them and the cigarette richochets off my hood. that's happened a few times.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Just curious, what is the proper etiquetter after a dropping a bomb right at someone's desk? If you let a silent one slip, I think it's probably best to just clear the area and hope no one catches on.

I'll admit I feel like I get busted sometimes at work or at the gym, because I'll let one go while no one is around, and them immediately after someone will come sit/work out next to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted