1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fuck that porcine, social-skills-lacking, advertising fucktard. Fuck him and his toxic meat farts. Fuck him and his "huh" and his unjustified egocentrism. Fuck the way he heats up salt pork in the microwave and then uses the grease as a lube to jack off while thinking about blowing his favorite NASCAR driver. What a odious advertising asshole.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Huh?

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Good answer .... good answer .... I like the way you think. [/Sam Kinnison]

4. writing irish

;D

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

8) ;D

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Actually, I can.

Advanced tennis players rely on the sound of the ball coming off their opponents' rackets to gauge whether a ball was hit flat or with spin. There is no sound of a ball coming out of a pitcher's hand that a batter must gauge.

Tennis players also need to be able to hear a line judge's call. A call of "out" means you stop playing. Not being able to hear the call means a player must play balls he thinks are out, and then his opponent must also continue the point . . . which will needlessly continue because neither player can hear the audible cue that the point is over.

And finally, an umpire needs to be able to hear whether a serve just grazes the net. Oftentimes there's no way he can see it.

That being said, a packed tennis stadium is hardly "quiet". There is constant conversation, cell phones ringing, sounds from surrounding courts, etc. All in addition to the usual handful of rude fans. And on a really spectacular point the noise level goes up and down like a roller coaster.

And 90 percent of the pitches thrown in a baseball game are in relatively quiet surroundings. You don't have fans on their feet screaming at a 1-0 pitch in the top of the second inning.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He really seems to care. About what, I have no idea.

8. writing irish

I'm Plat's ME. I've just about had it with Mr. Advertising Guy.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pineapple on pizza
    Bandaids with cheap adhesive

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Bumping 6-year-old threads.

:p

Draft saved Draft deleted