1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

From people not saying thank you after you say God Bless You after a sneeze, to going to public rest room where people don't flush, to not getting a thank you from someone after holding an elevator, people are becoming ruder by the day. Are there any other pet peeves that bother you?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hate rest rooms with automatic faucets that provide neither volume nor warmth.

I hate rest rooms with liquid soap that's rough on my hands (admittedly, that's most soap, and good God I don't want rest rooms with bars of soap).

I hate rest rooms with automatic hand dryers.

I hate rest rooms where the garbage can isn't right next to the door so that I can open the door with the paper towel and then chuck it in the garbage can.

Yeah, I'm obsessive compulsive about washing my hands. Could you tell?

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Women who won't let me go in the backdoor.

4. boots

boots New Member

That sounds personal

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

It kills me that people treat public restrooms so badly. Almost all of them are filthy.

Oh and my personal pet peeve these days. Not getting what I ordered at the drive thru.

[/Pesci] "THEY ALWAYS F**k YOU AT THE DRIVE THRU[/Pesci]

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Stuart Scott---calling everyone brutha, cousin, a brutha's cousin, a cousin's brutha---or basically just anything he says.

Linda Cohn---the sight of........the hearing of.

Billy Packer---rinse, repeat-----rinse, repeat.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The thought of Linda Cohn's beav. .... shiver.

Seriously, bad food and service at a restaurant.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Fast food people arguing with you when they screw up your order and you call them on it.

Slow drivers in the fast lane.

9. da el g

da el g Member

when the person in front of me at the grocery store check out waits until their groceries are totalled and then begin writing a check

10. boots

boots New Member

And then the check is rejected.

11. da el g

da el g Member

you too? i guess we both live in the same trailer park trash neighborhood

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm down to poor driving habits (going too slow in the fast lane, that jackass tailing me like I'm going 20 when I'm going 15 over, no turn signals, morbidly obse women giving blumpkins in plain sight, people who can't talk on cells and drive at the same time, etc., etc.) as true pet peeves.

Draft saved Draft deleted