1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Peeve: Grocery Store edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt1735, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

huh?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually like the long lines, more time to see how who the Kardashians, LiLo and Paris are doing.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Then you'd love the Wal-Mart a couple miles down the road from my house. Let's see here - grocery stores (actually, all-encompassing stores) are really busy on Sundays. Half your cash registers on closed on Sundays. It's not like you can't afford to pay mininum wage to the cashiers, especially since you're making oodles of cash.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Those self-checkout things are a joke. If people don't have 37 items, then they spend 5 minutes trying to figure out how to scan the bananas. Then they stare at the screen, oblivious to the "Look Up Item" button. So they ask the nearby clerk for help, and after the clerk takes 3 seconds to help, the grateful customer spends another 3 minutes talking and jibber-jabbering and laughing with the clerk. Then when they're done scanning, they spend another 3 minutes looking for means of payment. By the time they're finally done, the mom with two kids in her cart and 129 items has breezed through the regular checkout line and is on her way out the door while you're still standing there with milk and bread.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If I wanted to know what it was like to work at a job paying $6 an hour, I'd go to the self-check out lanes and then put the fruit in the bottom of the bag and throw all the canned goods on top.

Draft saved Draft deleted