1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet health insurance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 25, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Obviously; they'll be killed anyway

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In Arizona, there's a movement to deny Chihuahuas care unless they can provide their AKC papers.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We got a puppy 6 mos ago and got insurance with Healthy Paws Insurance for around $40/mo.

We have a 6 yr. old Lab that we rescued 2.5 yrs ago and let me tell you its no fun getting a bill for $1400 for some ailment. We've spent well in excess of that for sprained tail, stomach pumping, etc. We don't have insurance for her but it gave us an idea.

No way we want to put our dogs down if we can help it. So hence the insurance.

4. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member

I got pet insurance with Pet Assure; that's the FAQ page explaining it. It costs me less that $15 a month for my three dogs and one cat (all included) and it covers 25% at the vet. Not really insurance, but a good second option.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My beagle smokes, so his premiums are higher.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pick themselves up by the choke collars.

7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I'm sorry that you had to come to this site under the circumstances which you did, but you should stick around. You fit right in. :)

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My beagle chose to do easy tricks, so he does not get health care. I wish he would try harder so I could insure him.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Don't have it, asked a friend who did. Here's her response:

"I have Petcare insurance but I've come to find that they're mostly all owned by a couple of groups. They still haven't paid on g's big surgery yet."

Her dog had to have a toe removed. Petcare said they would pay. She's in Canada; not sure if it's a US company or not.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

#firstworldproblems

Draft saved Draft deleted