1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Food Recall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 17, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Made sure to send this to my sister and mom, who own a dog and two cats, respectively, and shop regularly at the Wal-Mart five minutes from my parents' house.

Fortunately, mine aren't supposed to eat wet food and we always buy them an adult Friskies brand of dry food.

2. Just took our kitties to the doctor today.

Even though our cat and dog friends hate going to the vet, please take them! They are OK once they get home. They are back to normal and a little prevention goes a long way.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Thanks for the PSA.
    Also, boy and girls, have our little friends spayed and neutered. The pet population has out-grown the owner population. If they're too young to fix, please admonish them when the hump my leg.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wet food is never a good idea for cats. Very high ash content.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

True dat. Milk doesn't sit too well with them, either.

6. Herbert Anchovy

One of my Himalayans loves shaved turkey. All we have to do is say "Turk" and the little guy goes apeshit.

He was big on ice cream at one time, and that definitely did not sit well.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My vet recommended wet food. He said that the cat's digestive systems are designed to digest protein easier than carbs and that the moist foods are higher in protein than the dry, which are higher in carbs. My cat was a few pounds overweight and the vet recommended switching from dry food to the wet food.

So now my cat is a Fancy Feast cat (the roast turkey and roast chicken varieties only)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If you bought Hank Petchow's Rat Poison ... well ... don't bother checking.

9. Herbert Anchovy

EStreet, doctor knows best. It gives my flock the shits, so I avoid it. They have some great tubes, those formed stools have been coming out like sausage links lately. Damn near perfectly cylindrical. I wish I could get others to shit like that.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

TMI. Wow ... must find a new hobby, LJB. More books, perhaps?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My critters are grazers, so wet food doesn't work for them. They wolf it down, and then spend all their time begging until the next feeding.

A woman I work with has an elderly kittie who got really, really sick from some of the bad food. He's gonna be OK, but he almost died.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Sam, I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to the litter box. I clean that thing before work, after work and I mop the floors every day. I have a cat who impulsively pounds on the lid after he makes a deposit, and I have to shoo him off. He's not even moving the litter around. Just calling attention to his artwork. OK buddy, I see you did your job, now let me do mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted