1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet Food Recall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

60 million cans and pouches of pet food being recalled after reported deaths from kidney failure...please check to see if you buy any of these brands!

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/17/petfood.recall.ap/

Recalled cat foods
    Americas Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Best Choice; Companion; Compliments; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog; Food Lion; Foodtown; Giant Companion; Good n Meaty; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Li'l Red; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Nutriplan; Nutro Max Gourmet Classics; Nutro Natural Choice; Paws; Presidents Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Sophistacat; Special Kitty; Springfield Pride; Sprout; Total Pet; My True Friend; Wegmans; Western Family; White Rose; and Winn Dixie.

Recalled dog foods
    America's Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Award; Best Choice; Big Bet; Big Red; Bloom; Bruiser; Cadillac; Companion; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat; Shep Dog; Food Lion; Giant Companion; Great Choice; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Mixables; Nutriplan; Nutro Max; Nutro Natural Choice; Nutro; Ol'Roy; Paws; Pet Essentials; Pet Pride; President's Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Publix; Roche Bros; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Springsfield Pride; Sprout; Stater Bros; Total Pet; My True Friend; Western Family; White Rose; Winn Dixie and Your Pet.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mine not on there, thank goodness. I'd be a basket case if something happened to my pups. Love my pups.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My mom would never buy store-brand cat food. Hell, she only buys food that doesn't have by-product in it. Then the fuckers don't eat it.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't have to worry about kidney failure here. My two cats piss like fire hoses. I go through two gallons of litter a week.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My baby girl's food isn't on the list either, thank goodness. I lost a dog two years ago, I'm not ready to go through that again.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

ROSIE'S BACK!!!! :D

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thanks IJAG. :)

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mine eats Friskies. I weaned him off moist food once I realized all he was doing was licking the sauce off the food and leaving the actual food. He should be OK.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Forget about the Pet Food Recall. Mom?

10. I know I have a dirty mind, but don't a lot of those sound like titles from ummm, adult films? :) :)

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I don't know what you mean...
    Giant Companion? ;)

12. Teehee. Not to mention "Preferred Meats" and "Good N' Meaty"

OK, I'm done :)

Draft saved Draft deleted