1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal business cards

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not really a journalism topic, but more of a career topic.

Does anyone use personal business cards?

Many of my co-workers say they have personal business cards that they hand out at job interviews or at social events. I'm thinking about getting some. I know VistaPrint offers some options, but I'm not worried about a place to print as I can find something local.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone uses them, what you put on them and what your design looks like. Just looking for a bit of inspiration.

Thanks for your help

2. Hoos3725

Hoos3725 Member

After asking our office manager over and over if I could get business cards and getting no real responses, I got them done myself. They're pretty straightforward. Name of the paper at the top, my name in the middle, my phone numbers and email address at the bottom.

Occasionally someone asks me, "Do you have a business card?" If they don't, I usually forget to hand them out.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah. I'm not looking for work cards, as in business cards, I'm looking into personal business cards that really have nothing to do with business. There's just no other way to describe it.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I've heard them called"calling cards". I've used this site for bookmarks and business cards in the past. I've been very happy with their price and quality.

http://gotprint.net/g/welcome.do

5. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I have some. I put my name, what I do and contact info. It's nothing special, just black on white.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Chevy Chase used to say "My card," and then he'd present a card that said, "My card."

Draft saved Draft deleted