1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perma-boner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Morning wood becomes afternoon wood becomes permanent wood.

And add to the list of things I hope I don't have happen to me: any short of 'Winter shunt' near my magic johnson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_fe_st/odd_unwanted_arousal;_ylt=AuABFVIIAbcoHYnSDI_.bdjtiBIF

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seems like the vitamin drink did all it claimed and more. Case dismissed.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Woods. heh, heh.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At the risk of outing myself, my best friend's wife refers to me as Perma Bone. I thought she was on SportsJournalists.com.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's some best friend you've got there, PermaPern.

6. Captain_Kirk

And this is the same guy that passed up the two chicks in the hot tub?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's a sordid life I lead. ;)

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you want your daily wince, just google "Winter shunt."

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

The NY Post has a longer article (and a better headline): http://www.nypost.com/seven/06062007/news/regionalnews/real_stiff_drink_regionalnews_dareh_gregorian_and_douglas_montero.htm

REAL STIFF DRINK
    According to papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Woods was "caused to suffer and sustain severe bodily injuries" from "the erection that would not subside."

"It gave me a lot of energy - too much energy," Woods, 29, told The Post yesterday.

"It was unbearable and embarrassing."

He said he had to undergo two medical procedures for relief from the days-long erection, and as a result, he's now partially impotent.

"It's affecting my life because I'm not getting the pleasure I used to," Woods said.
    He said the erection lasted for over three days, and his girlfriend "was in disbelief. She couldn't understand what was happening."

"It was awful. It was painful. I would always wear jeans, but it was hard to go out, so I had to buy some sweatpants," Woods said.

He said his 7-year-old son asked him what was going on and "I didn't know what to tell him."

He saw a doctor and underwent a "winter shunt" - a painful procedure where a needle is used to drain blood. The suit says he experienced "persistent problems requiring a follow-up hospital visit" a week later.

Woods said he was given two choices - undergo either an embolization, where blood is blocked from going to the arteries, or an amputation. He chose the former, but it has made it difficult for him to get a full erection and left him in "a state of discomfort."

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It sounds like he had a hard choice to make.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And by "amputation" you mean?

12. Captain_Kirk

ok, add amputation and winter shunt to things to avoid around the pelvic region.

Draft saved Draft deleted