1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

in 94, as many as 800,000 were killed in rwanda - most by clubs and machetes. insane people bent on killing will kill, regardless of the tool.

2. mb

mb Active Member

Jesus. Don't make me defend zag.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Mass murders without an ounce of thought are done with guns, and nothing else.

I suppose that's why you love guns so much.

No thought required.

The perfect interface.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Over years and years. Not thoughtless seconds.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I've said this before:

I've never heard of a drive-by stabbing.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I remember I-95 shutting down for the DC Stabber.

7. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I find it sad that so many people who make their livings off the back of the first amendment feel that the second has no merit and should be repealed.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Again, this is part of the problem.

Tougher gun restrictions do not equal abolishing the 2nd amendement/taking your guns away/blah, blah, blah. There is a middle ground. Keep them legal, fine, but tougher restrictions. As tough as possible.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are some, even on this thread, who think all guns should be banned immediately. They think the Second should be repealed. That is an unwinnable position.

Likewise, my fellow gun owners who use the Second as cover to fight against any restrictions at all are fighting a loser's battle.

Unfortunately, sensible people aren't allowed to find a middle ground because the fringes are too busy yelling at each other.

10. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I completely agree. There is absolutely no reason that any civilian needs to have an automatic weapon. period.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And, again, I'm sure you'd feel the same about laws "tweaking" or "restricting" or what some of the right-wing would consider common-sense laws with regards to free speech, right?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How, exactly, does doing an extensive background check infringe upon the Second? How does a waiting period violate the Second?

There is a middle ground in this debate.

Draft saved Draft deleted