1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 7, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

She had a long history of mental illness. I suspect we'll never know why she went off the end of the dock like this. Absolute tragedy.

Oh, in case it's not obvious yet ... your thread slug=TOTAL FAIL.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves o

The depth of stupidity in this country.... stultifying.

I am so sick of all these innocent people being greased, brains dumped on the floor, by this item that has no redeeming value.

Worse are the pointless, pathetic attempts to distract from this epidemic, as evidenced above.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I wonder how long a thread labeled something like:

"Perhaps the abortion doctors and pro-abortion people will kill themselves, as opposed to innocent babies, off"

Would last before it got locked.

This is a disgraceful, irresponsible and ridiculous thread concept and title.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I will agree that the thread title sucks -- but that's typical over-the-top Simon.

And, in case you missed it:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/68694/

But please, tell me again how we don't need stricter gun laws in this country... or how this is no different than one whacko woman putting a kid in an oven.

Despite what many of you think: GUNS KILL PEOPLE!

5. jps

jps Active Member

so do cars, knives, etc.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Uh, how many people have been killed by knives this month? How many multiple knifings have there been?
    How many cars kill 15 people at a time?

You really can't be stupid enough to believe the bullshit you post on this subject.

7. zagoshe

Well I can think of a of a few people who killed 2,752 people in a matter of minutes with only box cutters. And I can think of another guy who killed 168 people in a matter of minutes with diesel fuel and fertilizer.......

8. zag stutters?

I never knew.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're right, Zag,. The typical assholes who shoot people aren't terrorists who hijack airplanes.
    And the guy with the diesel fuel and fertilizer was obsessed with guns, too.

Good to know who your heroes are.

10. zagoshe

They are not my heroes.

You just said mass murders require guns.

I just proved you wrong without even breaking a sweat.

Lunatics are the common denominator in murders, not guns.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

You cite two terrorist acts as you evidence.

And I'm saying 60 people would not have died in the last month if this country was not so enamored of its guns.

Or maybe you think the guy who shot up the immigration office in New York State would have found some other way to kill 15 people in a matter of seconds.

12. zagoshe

And you know this for a fact.

So I suppose Ted Bundy would not have been able to kill 40 people. And OJ would not have been able to kill a few people. And Charles Manson wouldn't have......

Do you want me to go on and on?

Again, lunatics, not guns, are the common denominators in murders.......

Draft saved Draft deleted