1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves o

I have no problems with extensive background checks. I have no problem with waiting periods, though six months seems excessive. How about two weeks, or a month?

There's a middle ground that can be found between the extremes. People wanting to confiscate all the guns will never win. And the fringe NRAers need to quit pounding the "slippery slope" drum because it's not in the best interests of a majority of gun owners.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

when gun owners are thrown in jail, the aclu will bitch about tough sentences.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

People should not be allowed to do this sort of thing with a rented gun.

I hope that they keep her deposit.

4. jps

jps Active Member

don't worry, inky - simon is hoping I get knocked off soon, too. hopefully it will be before my wife and I can teach our daughter about being responsible around firearms. good God.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm not a big gun fan and I do favor reasonable, responsible controls for gun laws. But I have to admit, Simon's thread title was a bit much. Wishing or hoping for violence? Kinda defeats the purpose of a gun law, right?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A woman in Detroit put her daughter in the oven a few months ago. I guess we should ban ovens then.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Seems to me if she was that hell-bent on killing him and then herself, she'd have done it somehow, gun or not.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ohhh but I'm angry now! [/Homer Simpson]

9. jps

jps Active Member

saw on the news this afternoon that a gas station attendant was run down -- and backed over for good measure -- as she stood in front of a guy's car telling him he needed to pay for his gas. $34 to fill his tank, and he killed this lady for it. seems our 'civilized country' has no problems in finding ways to kill people. don't have a gun? no problem - most everyone's got a car.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

You hit it right on the head, jps. "Civilized country" indeed. And yet we think we have some kind of claim to a moral high ground when it comes to the rest of the world. ::)

I make no bones about my morality meter - it's angled sharply to the right of centre. I hope the guy from the gas station spends the rest of his life in prison (general population, please and thank you) and I hope the trigger-happy mom burns in hell for what she did to her son and family, not to mention the trauma she caused the others at the gun range.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves o

Nice.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted