1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect website for ESPN and ND haters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This website is absolutely brilliant. "David Carr reacts, 'Good luck, man.'" Genius.

And if there's a trainwreck to root for, this is the one.

Jimmy Clausen is one cocky, self-obsessed 20-year-old freshman who went to an athletic factory of a high school -- stacked doesn't begin to describe it. From there, he went to the demon spawn of colleges, one that overcomes its academic status with an obnoxious alumni that is about as far removed from reality as we are from Pluto.

This is karma doing its thing. I'm with Rydell, but since he chimed in first, I'll bring the popcorn for this wreck.

BTW, Hammer, when you're mentioning college QB gurus, don't forget Jeff Tedford of Cal. In many cases (see Smith, Akili, Harrington, Joey and Boller, Kyle)his work with college QB's gets them drafted higher than their actual talent warrants.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No question, Tedford is phenomenal.

3. IU90

IU90 Member

And that stacked team was playing in a smaller high school division mostly against absurdly inferior competition. I've been surprised at how decidedly ordinary (or below) Clausen's skills have looked so far, even accounting for ND's pitiful offensive line. Absolutely no indication whatsoever that this guy could've been the superman described in his high school press clippings.

He's got Ron Powlus 2.0 written all over him.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Wow, Clausen really does look like an emu!!

Draft saved Draft deleted