1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect Christmas Gift for Fenian

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Dec 12, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

This thread seems to be a perfect place to mention that the Democrats picked up another House seat tonight.

I'm sure Fenian will take that as a Christmas present just fine.

2. Funny - I knew you'd be along. Canadian support group and all.

Thanks for calling me scummy, mal-adjusted and insane. Means a lot coming from you. I'd like to tell you to get some help or that I have a strange pity for you but I haven't met you and it would be wrong to make those sorts of judgements without meeting a person. Of course after reading your article on Bill James - you seem capable of meeting a person and still making all the wrong judgements anyway.

On the other hand - I have met JR and I loathe him as a human being.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I like everyone in this fight. I'd just like to point out that after reading this, I cannot believe Chris and JR met without a coroner present.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Yeah, Lynch, I forgot about your advice as to how I should have written up James: Why not write about how many books he's sold? A real barn-burner there.

"Bill James, statistician and Red Sox consultant, has sold many books. These books are about baseball. Baseball is a game played with bases and a ball..."

I can only keep trying to measure up.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Actually Spinited came to the Toronto outing and he's a stand-up guy. Unlike you. We got along just fine.

6. It wasn't advice - it was criticism.

A couple of thousand words about "hey you would be surprised that Bill James is not a geek" told the readers that he wasn't a geek but it didn't tell anyone who he was.

You keep trying to measure up though. But you should try to get over being so thin skinned about criticism. Maybe some professional help is in order?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Help yourselves, folks, and make sure you've got a comfy seat.

Shit, threads like this should be pay-per-view. I'd cough up $49.95 for the privilege.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Where's a mod in the mood to lock a thread when you need one?

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I can't decide which is funnier/more pathetic -- the blatant, clearly obvious button pushing or the frothing reaction which begs for more button pushing.

And, like BYH, I pretty much like most of the parties in this tit-for-tat.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I can't decide which is better: This thread or the reading people kick the poor college kid over on the 'I'm desperate. I need help ...' thread.

Good to see the holidays have everyone in an SportsJournalists.com mood.
    'Tis the season to be vitriolic — falalalala lala la la.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Webby, can we have Modaho back? He'd have already whacked this thread with extreme prejudice.

Draft saved Draft deleted