1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Perfect 10? Never mind that - ask her for her credit score"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 27, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Suzy Favor's credit score is higher than her hourly rate. Unless you go backdoor.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The last NY Times trend story I can remember here was about a 5'-0", 125 pound high school kid who obsessed about body building.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/93722/

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
    Ask for a credit score from your future wife
    Take it from my personal point of view
    Get a high FICO score to marry you

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Personally, I find this concept quite offensive. I hear where you are coming from, Dick, but as 45 year old woman with a very low credit score that was no fault of my own, I find it a shallow thing to look at. Perhaps it makes sense for someone young, but at my age, when life has thrown shit at a person, I would prefer that someone find out what the circumstances are prior to making such a rash judgement.

IMHO.

5. Steve Guttenberg scene from "Amazon Women on the Moon."

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

At the same time, it's easier to pull yourself out of a bad credit rating when you're younger. And a 20-something may be more willing to wait for a relationship to play out. I would have thought credit rating would make more sense as a factor for a 40-year-old than a 20-year-old, though I can't imagine ever asking anyone about it.

7. LongTimeListener

If you're in your early 20s and you have a good credit rating, who even wants to know you? It means you've never taken a vacation you couldn't afford or run up a bar tab treating your friends to $100 worth of drinks that will cost you $200 by the time you pay off your credit card. In other words, it means you're no fun.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm that guy (albeit late 20s now). I ditched credit cards after my junior year of college, when I ran up a bill that I spent way too long paying off. Now, I spend only what I have.

9. LongTimeListener

And liesl, don't worry -- we've been following you here and there are far more factors that worry/excite us than your credit score.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, I used "rough approximation" for a reason. As anyone who has read enough of my posts here knows, there are typically exceptions to the exceptions to my exceptions. In gauging someone's credibility, financial or otherwise, I would think his or her FICO score as a starting rather than an ending point.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're the Master Debater, after all. Nuance is required.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You beat me to it:

Draft saved Draft deleted