1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Perfect 10? Never mind that - ask her for her credit score"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

New York Times "trend" piece on asking for credit scores of potential mates:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/business/even-cupid-wants-to-know-your-credit-score.html?src=me&ref=general&_r=0&gwh=ED3F57D7326C0BA4C13C25DBA6BF6269

Interesting stuff, though I'm not sure if it's really a trend or not. You know how the Times can be.

That said, I can see how a good credit score can act as a rough approximation of a person's maturity and responsibility. I've been really working on mine. Rightly or wrongly, I feel like a high score will be a pretty nice indication that I've moved beyond certain youthful indiscretions. (But, sorry, ladies, I'm taken.)

I'm not so sure I would worry about my potential mate's credit score if we were dating in our early 20s. Or even mid-20s. Thirties? Forties? Yeah, probably. Not sure I'd be as forward as the people in this article, though.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't know anyone who uses credit score as a barometer to find a date. Maybe people just don't talk about it, but I get the sense this is one of NYT trends that isn't.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If he or she is a 6, instead of a 10, is a higher credit score required before continuing the relationship?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

This was one of the people the Times surveyed.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We should just have a running thread of the dopey things the NY Times calls a 'trend'.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2012/11/new_york_times_trend_stories_what_happened_when_i_slept_with_30_pillows.html

This guy slept with 30 pillows, but his hair in a "man bun" and shaved his pubes to keep up with all the NY Times 'trends'.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

These fuckers too. Although, again, the guy on the left is Klosterman.

[​IMG]

7. So let me get this straight:
    You're a swimsuit model with 36C ice cream tits, an oral fixation and THE sole heir to the Jack Daniels distillery ... But your credit score is 380?

Yeah, sorry.

Oh, that quarter I bounced off your ass ... keep it.

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Pretty sure a sole heir to the Jack Daniels distillery wouldn't know of, nor need, her credit score until way older.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There's no sex appeal in a bankruptcy.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's a shame I'm married. And short. And fat. And balding. And otherwise ugly. Cause my credit score is higher than Snoop Dog in a Taco Bell parking lot.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I agree. Most of my 20-something friends have no idea what their credit scores are.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, your hairless faces are disgusting to me too.

Draft saved Draft deleted