1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Percosets are awesome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, May 17, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In a few months, there'll be a thread by "usually_here_as_someone_else" detailing his fight against percocet addiction.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah. I'm more worried about nerve damage than the bone. My radial nerve is stretched at the moment.

But I trust my doctor. He does all the ortho work for the two pro sports teams in town.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd be worried about that, too. It makes me wonder why they didn't put in the plate as soon as possible. But you a doctor you trust, and that's always good. I would certainly expect he's one of the best if he's doing work for the pro teams.

Hang in there. If you lived nearby I'd offer to help with what I could. I can't imagine the pain you must have been in. Broken humeruses are not common.

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Good luck to you. I'm on pain killers indefinitely. Two years since spinal surgery, and I suffered a lot of nerve damage. I'll be in pain the rest of my life. Rest up, go to rehab, don't overdo it.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

If you're in severe pain, the pills should not be fun. They should just make life somewhat tolerable. If the pills are amazing...I am NOT saying you're not in pain and I am NOT saying you shouldn't be on pills -- just saying to be thoughtful about your dosage because the combination of sincere pain in your body and sincere pleasure from pills can quickly escalate.

My experience with chronic pain is that the best regarded doctors like to keep you in a low level of agony rather than prescribing a high enough level of morphine derivatives, etc., to make you feel really nice. So, you hate your fucking doctors but you don't get addicted. I guess that's the plan. Either that or they just suck.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

My humerus is in four pieces and has been for 9 days now. My radial nerve is stretched and irritated. I have limited use of my right hand because of this nerve issue. Whenever i have to walk, I can feel the bones moving in my arm. I am in extreme pain. The percocets are awesome because they've allowed me to semi-function for 9 days without any repair to my arm. But thanks for your concern.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Damn, nine days? I would think they have your arm totally immobilized then, no?

Good luck tomorrow. I thought of you in church this morning and prayed tomorrow goes well.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I took Percocet once when I had a broken arm. Worked more as a sleeping pill than a happy pill

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear about this.

The broken leg I mean. Not the percosets. Hope they're doing the job.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ruckus, sorry to hear you broke your spleen. Glad the Darvon helps. :)

11. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

You just described the last few years of my life as a patient of a pain clinic.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I haven't had a full night's sleep yet. I can't go more than 2-3 hours at a time. Surgery is tomorrow at noon.

And thanks, Tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted