1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Per TMZ - San Diego's Merriman allegedly roughs up Tila Tequila

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 6, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She was the "most popular person on myspace" back when those things mattered. Then she was in a bunch of mags/sites. then she got a dating show on MTV in which she dated boys AND girls. Then she apparently got choked out by Shawne Merriman.

Also, 27 my ass. She was the myspace girl a good decade ago. If not, it seems like it. But I'd be willing to bet a LOT of money she's not 27.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think her claim to fame at one time was having the most page views on MySpace. I think.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones' best move was passing on Merriman at No. 11 in 2005 and taking DeMarcus Ware instead.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That was a hell of a move. Ware is a beast.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Has it been that long since she was 'the most popular person on myspace?'

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the good old days when people were famous because they had talent?

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Given that MySpace didn't exist until 2003, that's extraordinarily unlikely.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I said, if not it seems like it. :D

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

There's a lights out joke in here somewhere.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

God damn you, I was just about to say that. :)

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I call bullshit. No one would want that skank to stay at their house would they?

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I had the same thought right before I read this. I guess there's always been some of those (witness Zsa Zsa Gabor), but the reality TV/My Space society has truly made this the golden age for the "celebrities with no discernible talent" genre.

And I'd say this event ought to move Miss Tequila up in their rankings. She's still got a LONG way to go to approach Paris Hilton and Kardashian status but, give her credit, she's climbing.

Draft saved Draft deleted