1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pepsi's new logo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ahem ...

[​IMG]

Sir, you forget yourself!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd just like to say I hate you all, and that the 1971 Pepsi logo is still far and away the best.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

We hate you, too, and isn't it ironic that the 2008 logo looks like it belongs in 1971? Or maybe 1967?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That new Pepsi logo looks as bad as the blue and white N that NBC tried in the late 1970s

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Naw, 1962 logo's where's it's at's. It could totally stand on its own as a throwback logo. Nice and classy. This pseudo art deco shit has got to go, tho.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It looks like the font used in the Tab logo.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

My dad is on a one-man crusade against Pepsi. Every time he's at a restaurant and orders a Diet Coke and they ask, "Diet Pepsi all right?" my dad says no and then orders water or coffee. He hates that most restaurants are one-cola establishments. He argues, I can order a Budwieser, Miller, Coors, etc., at these places but they offer only Pepsi products.

I don't think the logo change is going to sway him.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I never thought of it that way.

Your father is a genius.

I will follow in his footsteps!

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Will Obama update his logo now as well?

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I like 1971

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

"We felt like, as we move out of this traditional mass marketing and mass distribution era into today's culture, there's an opportunity to bring humanity back, both in terms of the design but also in the way we engage consumers," he said. "By making the logo more dynamic and more alive ... [it is] absolutely a huge step in the right direction."

What the fuck is this shit. Seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted