1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pepsi Caps for Caps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Anyone else drink Pepsi products? I don't do coffee, so I get my caffeine from DP and the local Hess always has 2-for deals that I've been taking advantage of for a while.
    They've had an engoing promotion where if you collect three caps with one team name on it, you get a free MLB hat. Probably cheaper to buy the hat, but I'm not buying soda for a hat. This is a bonus.
    I have a bunch of these caps. I'm sitting on five pairs and a decent amount of single-named teams.
    If anyone else is trying to earn a free hat, I'd love to work out some swap deals.
    I figure if others here are doing it, we can mail them back-and-forth so we can get our silly little prize.

PAIRS: Phillies, White Sox, Brewers, Rays, Royals
    SINGLES: Reds, Marlins, Padres, Angels, Nats, Tigers, Blue Jays

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Rhody you are a married man now. You can't be doing those silly little things like collecting cheap baseball caps. Girls hate that stuff. If you think you will be proudly displaying them - forget about it.

It's time to man up and ditch the hats.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No Pirates?

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

When I started shaving my head, I stopped wearing hats.
    Wife likes me in hats though.
    I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary to get them. Figured if I drink the soda, might as well see if I can collect the prize.
    Just looking to see if anyone is doing the same
    And Inky, I don't have a Pirates soda cap yet. Haven't even seen one.
    Basically, the rules say if you collect three of one team, you get the hat of your choice.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I have four Pirates soda caps, and a bunch of caps for other teams. Send me a PM and I'll mail them out.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He said it was involving MLB teams.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I drink 4 liters of Diet Pepsi a day. Had no idea any promotion was on.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The hat thing has to go at a certain age unless you are outside covering a game. Once you're indoors, take the hat off.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I drink a 20 oz Pepsi most mornings. I'll start looking under caps.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's a joke, right?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nope. I take a 2-liter bottle to the tennis court in the morning. Another 2-liter bottle for the rest of the day (and night at work).

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

...Mom?

Draft saved Draft deleted